Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Property Rights?

We did purchase our apartment and though it be a condominium, we also purchased the Balcony itself, its railings and support beams.   They of course, while all are outside our apartment, are nonetheless appurtenant to our property, alone.   Therefore, are we not as an owner, responsible for their repair and maintenance? I diligently perused my copy of the House Rules, seeking information on mounting a flag from my balcony.    Not a word did I find there. However, being a retired insurance man, I decided to play safe and ask about the matter at a homeowner’s meeting.    There I obtained permission to mount a flag from my balcony, but when I did so, I received a warning letter which arrived the 24 th of December 2019 giving me until 25 th   to remove it. I complied with it on the 24 th yet I was charged a fine of $75.   Though that fine has been reversed. It lead me to question; at what meeting, did 60% of the homeowners approve the tripling of our fines?   Yes, I am aware of rule

SURPLUS TO DEFICIT IN A FLASH HOW?

The ADN reported that Sarah Palin left over $20 Billion in the State's CBR (Constitutional Budget Reserve) Fund as she departed AK. Yet now the CBR only records a high of $12 Billion.  How did that Leprachaun Sean Parnell make $8 Billion dissapear?  On top of that he managed to give away our 1/3 share of our oil revenue by getting rid of ACES and replacing it with SB 21.   Now with oil at over $70 a barrel the state is bankrupt. Back to ACES.  Save AK! Similarly, the Anchorage Administration of Mayor Berkowitz which had been telling us that we were running a budget surplus of over $6 Million suddenly switched from a $6 million surplus to a $6 million deficit. Isn't amazing how money can be made to disappear? Question Where to?  I didn't get any of it. So who did? Likewise, from our Social Security Trust Fund, or more correctly called our Federal Government Hush/Slush Fund,  billions have been taken against worthless I.O.U's.  No repayment made of the money taken a